We’re excited that you are looking into our Fast Forward Swim Training Program, our technology-enhanced, accelerated learning program for adult triathlete, fitness, and Masters swimmers. Please contact us if you have questions unanswered by the following sections:
- Program Overview – Fast Forward Swim Training
- Fast Forward Swim Training Payment Plans
- What’s Included in the Fast Forward Swim Training Program
- Pre-Requisites for Joining the Fast Forward Swim Training Program
- Upcoming Group Class Schedule
Program Overview – Fast Forward Swim Training
Fast Forward delivers technology-enhanced, accelerated learning. If you are looking for more intensive coaching, individualized practices, and specific training sets designed to fit fitness and racing needs, Fast Forward is the program for you.
We designed Fast Forward to rapidly develop and refine the skills and fitness that you need to achieve race day successes or fitness goals. We apply the Total Immersion stroke drills and training methods to help you practice mindfully and improve in a shorter period of time.
The approach is grounded in four important principles:
- Make the Training Targeted — Our practices are individualized to your current skill level and goals. We will do a monthly evaluation of your stroke and fitness to set baseline metrics. Your practices will reference your key drills and stroke focal points, your baseline swim metrics, and your goal paces.
- Apply Focus-Directing Technology — We use technology such as Tempo Trainers, FistGloves, mirrors, underwater video, and snorkels to fully engage you in the task at hand to accelerate the skill acquisition process.
- Give Extensive Feedback — We want you to be your own best coach. While there will be a coach on deck or in the water for the group sessions, we build feedback into our sets to help you evaluate how your are doing in real time. That sensory acuity is a key skill that all great athletes have and one you must develop to realize your potential
- The System is Key — The Total Immersion system is the most effective way to develop skills and become a better swimmer. Our experience in over 10 years of teaching this method is that first learning the system of drills and then training using the drills is the absolute key to an athlete’s success.
Unlike running or cycling, fast swimming is much more about technique than fitness. This, however, means drills and coaching. There are a lot of drills to try, but CBD has distilled those innumerable drills to a simple set that work. But, even with just the right set of drills, drill work can get dreary pretty quickly, and where CBD gets it right is that their weekly workouts are a very nice blend of drills and swimming. This mixture is so important as it not only livens up the workout, but allows you to feel the impact of the drill on your swimming. — L.A.
Great people, great teaching technique. The instructors are focused on each student’s individual needs. — K.M.
Instructors provide great lesson plans and feedback. Overall, it’s a higher quality of professionalism than what I’ve experienced with other swim groups. — M.K.
CBD caters to all abilities and has plenty of different groups and opportunities for everyone from the novice swimmer to the competitive recreational athlete. — J.D.
Fast Forward Swim Training Payment Plans
The table below shows the monthly tuition for the different types of Fast Forward (FF) swim training programs.
|Subscription||One Group Session per Week||Two Group Sessions per Week||Three or More Group Sessions per Week|
|Standard FF Plan||$89.00||$114.00||$134.00|
What’s Included in Fast Forward Swim Training Program
The Fast Forward includes in its monthly subscription:
- Coach Intensive Sessions — One, two or three days per week of a coach-led swim practices (see our schedule online).
- Remote Self-Directed Practices — Two days of practices delivered through Training Peaks tailored to you skill-level, distance, and goals for you to do on your own
- Regular Evaluations — During each monthly cycle, we will video tape your swimming to identify key areas for improvement. We will also run a skills-appropriate performance set ot help you track your progress and graduate to the next level of skills and difficulty
- Membership Discount — As long as you are an active member of Fast Forward, you will receive a 20% discount on all private lessons that you take with us at our CBD Swim Studio.
Pre-Requisites for Joining Fast Forward Swim Training
Since Fast Forward applies the stroke drills and training concepts that you learn in our lessons and clinics, we require our swimmers to complete either a CBD Freestyle 1 stroke clinic, a Total Immersion Level 1 Freestyle workshop, or an equivalent series of private lessons with a CBD coach. You can find more information on registering for a group class or private lessons in our Adult Class Registration page.
We require our Fast Forward members to make an up-front investment into equipment for their practices to help make the training program more robust. You can view the Starter Equipment Bundle online. If you have some of the elements of the bundle, we will remove them and discount the price.
Upcoming Group Class Schedule
The following table lists the schedule for Fast Forward swim training group classes this week. If you would like to register for a class or schedule a make-up, contact our office to check on availability. We’ll need to configure your ongoing payment plan and get you set up for your equipment bundle.