We like to brag about our cutting-edge, custom-built Swim Studio whenever we can. But for many of you, our location at Swift Elementary in Edgewater can offer some swim experiences the Swim Studio cannot and may be more convenient if you live in Andersonville, Lincoln Square, Rogers Park or Uptown.
Here are 5 reasons why:
- Ready for the “Open” Water: Okay, maybe not quite. But Swift Elementary does offer a full-size pool, which is ideal for putting all that you’ve learned to the test and feeling the joy of moving through the water from one end of the pool to the other.
- Practice Your Moves: With the full-size pool and deeper water, we can also practice flip turns, treading water and diving into the water from platforms. For those who like visual feedback and cues, the pool has mirrors on the bottom of the deep end and a backstroke flag for flip-turns.
- Still Nice and Warm: With our short Chicago summers, a heated pool is a must. While our Swim Studio pools are a balmy 90 degrees year-round, the Swift pool is still a respectable 80-82 degrees. (We have yet to find a deep-water pool that’s kept at 90 degrees. It’s simply too costly.)
- Free Parking: It’s the city. Who doesn’t love free, easy parking?
- Easy Access to the El: Not driving? Take the Red Line to Thorndale, and the school is right there.
We offer most of our classes at Swift Elementary, primarily from 4 pm to 7:15 pm Monday through Friday, including:
- Kids Intermediate 1 & 2
- Kids Swim Team
- Adult Learn to Swim
- Adult Freestyle
- Fast Forward
Interested in learning more? Email us or call our office at 773-342-7250 for details.
I wanted to learn about the times and price of your swim classes at Swift. I have 2 girls. One is 4, passed the first level at goldfish swim school. Basically is comfortable jumping and “suppermanning” into the water and can backfloat for a short time but cannot swim. My second daughter is 6 and passed a few levels at goldfish swim school, does the freestyle almost the width of the pool, can tread water for 45 sec etc.
We are no longer renting the pool at Swift. We could do the lessons at our Swim Studio in Bucktown, if that location works. Your 4 year old would be in our Preschool Beginner 1. We should probably do a 30 minute assessment lesson for your 6 year old to see if she would go into our School-Age Beginner 2 or Intermediate 1 swim class. The cost of the assessment is $25.
You can reach our office at (773) 342-7250 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.