Looking for a way to tire the kiddos out over the holidays? Need to get errands done? Look no further! Sign her up for an intensive swim camp with our half-day Winter Break Intensive Swim Camps at Chicago Blue Dolphins!
We will run half-day camps between Monday December 26th and Friday December 30th from 9:00am to 12:00pm. The camp will be for kids between ages 4-12 years.
We’ve designed these classes to be repeatable; you can register your child on as many days as you would like. You will register your kids based on their skill level. If you’ve signed up for multiple days and your child is ready to level up, your instructor will let you know. See the descriptions of each skill track below.
The cost is $138 per child per day. Call our office at (773) 342-7250 to get a 5% discount on your total when you register your child for four or more days of camps. Smiles and giggles included for no extra charge.
Beginner Track: Learn-to-Swim Fundamentals
In the beginner track, we assume no skills or minimal skills with an added dose of fear or timidity around the water. Kids in this track will do an intensive session on the basic learn-to-swim skills. We’ll work on water comfort, safety, the basics of swimming on the front and back, and breathing. Having lots of time in the pool to work on skills and to play games will give your kiddo to get a head start on swimming for vacations and summer camps in 2023. As an added bonus, our positive, patient, and knowledgeable instructors will make it fun for your child and start her on a lifetime enjoyment of the water. Bonus!
- Pre-Requisites: None
- Appropriate for kids currently in Preschool 1, Preschool 2, and School-Age 1
Intermediate Track: Building Endurance
For those kids who have mastered the basics of swimming independently, we want to shift the focus to learning the fundamentals of freestyle and backstroke. We’ll work on the more side-streamline balance postures and build the stroke around this body rotation. This track gives your kiddo and opportunity to get a lot of work done on two important strokes used for recreational swimming in one day of pool time.
- Pre-Requisites: Swim 10 yards on the front and back, back and front floats for 5 seconds, and able to roll to the back to get air
- Appropriate for kids currently in School-Age 2 and Intermediate 1
Advanced Track: Four Stroke Proficiency
In the advanced track, we’re assuming that your child can do a rhythmic version of freestyle with side breathing and a rhythmic version of backstrokes with timing and body roll. We will continue to refine and lengthen the swims in these two strokes while also building complete versions of breaststroke and butterfly. We’ll use the underwater video cameras and mirrors to help students quickly understand the drill or stroke change they need to execute.
- Pre-Requisites: Swim 50 yards of freestyle or backstroke
- Appropriate for kids currently in Intermediate 2 or Advanced 1
Swim Team Track: Stroke Mastery
In the Swim Team track, we assume that your child is able to do all four competitive strokes and is mostly likely already on a swim team. Each day, we’ll choose two strokes to work on during the camp. We’ll use the underwater video cameras, mirrors, and other technologies to foster rapid changes and technical breakthrough problems in the strokes.
- Pre-Requisites: Swim at least 100 yards of freestyle or backstroke, 50 yards of breaststroke, and 25 yards of butterfly
- Appropriate for kids currently on a competitive swim team
Structure and Schedule
We’ll mix instruction with free time and games with purpose to help teach, review, and reinforce. The basic format for each day will be:
- 9:00-9:50 am — Pool Session 1
- 9:50-10:00 am — Change to Dry Clothes
- 10:00-10:50 am — Break, Snack, and Holiday Theme Craft Making
- 10:50-11:00 am — Change back to Swimsuits
- 11:00-11:50am — Pool Session 2
- 11:50-12:00 pm — Dry Off, Change, Pick Up, and Parent Feedback
What to Bring
Make sure that you pack the following with your kids each day:
- Robe, sweats, or something warm for the break and craft time
- Swim Cap (if hair is below the shoulders)
- Flip flops or deck shoes
We plan to have basic “kid snacks” and water for the kids. If your child has any specific dietary restrictions, please feel free to pack a snack for your child.
Don’t worry about the cold weather! Our pool room is warm, and our pool water is kept at a cozy 90 degrees. To keep the camp super fun (and to wear the kids out — shhhhhhh), we’ve included some free play time for the kids in the package. We’ll finish each pool session with toys, games, and, of course, our Endless Pool currents on turbo!