UIC Physical Education Building (PEB)
901 W. Roosevelt Rd, Chicago, IL 60608
||(773) 342-7250 (CBD Office)
||Follow this link to Google Maps to get directions by car or for routes using the CTA.
||There are three options for car parking:
- A paid lot across the street from the PEB. Enter the lot off Morgan St.
- Metered parking on Roosevelt Rd between Halsted St. and Morgan St.
- Free street parking on Morgan St. south of Roosevelt Rd
There are bike racks outside the building for those riding their bike to the facility.
||You will enter the facility off Roosevelt Rd. Look for the UIC Flames banners and use the door furthest to the right to enter.
|Getting to the Small Pool
Click on the above video for a walking tour with Coaches Oakley and Tori to see how to get to the Small Pool.
If you are textually inclined, here are the steps you’ll take to get to your swim class:
- Enter the UIC PEB off Roosevelt Rd.
- Walk past the front desk. Let the attendant know that you are there for a swim class in the Small Pool with Chicago Blue Dolphins
- Take the first hallway to the right, turn left immediately, and take the stairs down one flight.
- Enter the hallway, turn right, and follow the main hallway down to your left.
- The first hallway to your left is where the locker rooms are located. The men’s locker room is on the corner. The women’s locker room is further down the hall.
- Continue walking along the hallway and turn right into the first entrance on your right
- Turn immediately right and go up the stairs one floor
- Turn left off the stairs walk briefly down the hallway
- The Small Pool is the first door on your right. You might even hear some waves and swimming going on
|Logistics and Other Information
- We recommend coming with your suit on under your clothes. Come right to the pool and leave your gear on one of the benches along the wall
- If you need to use a bathroom, there is one in the Small Pool room
- The locker rooms have security codes on the door. Your coach will give you the code on the first day of class. Feel free to shower and change after class in the locker rooms.
- You must bring a towel. There is no towel service at the UIC PEB.